2013 has been all about wearing onesies and taking selfies
IF YOU were wearing a onesie, taking a selfie and twerking all at the same time this year then you would have been sporting just three of the biggest trends of 2013.
McCrindle Research has made a list of 13 Trends of 2013.
According to the research company, when Japanese performers began dressing up as cartoon characters and Miley Cyrus twerked in a unicorn onesie, Australians were quick to follow.
They said the onesie - a one-piece jumpsuit for adults, usually replicating an animal character - hit the fashion scene to its full extent mid-2013.
In the music world, while Miley Cyrus was poking out her tongue and making headlines for all the wrong reasons, Daft Punk made a comeback and New Zealand songstress Lorde went from strength to strength.
"Lorde has demonstrated musical and lyrical talent comparable to artists who have been in the industry for decades," McCrindle Research said
Meanwhile, in the fitness world, many have caught the Cross Fit bug, which is defined as a strength and conditioning program.
The fitness fad has continued with women choosing to wear their gym gear as everyday outfits, McCrindle Research found.
"The year 2013 saw an increase in women actively wearing workout clothes outside of the gym," they said.
"Women are increasingly creating a public image around health and vitality by sporting lycra tights and bright-coloured tanks to run errands or catch up with girlfriends."
And many 2013 health enthusiasts jumped on the bandwagon to down 'super foods' like kale and spirulina.
Were onesies the biggest trend of 2013?
This poll ended on 05 December 2013.
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
1. Food Trend of the Year: FroYo
2. Word of the Year: Selfie
3. Attitude of the Year: Swag
4. Pop Star of the Year: Lorde
5. Social Media Site of the Year: Vine
6. Meme of the Year: Harlem Shake
7. Viral Campaign of the Year: 'Dumb Ways to Die'
8. Social Trend of the Year: Shared Spaces
9. Media Event of the Year: The Birth of Prince George
10. Fad of the Year: Onesie
11. Fashion Trend of the Year: Sportswear as Street Fashion
12. Shopping Trend of the Year: Save, Save, Save
13. Technology Trend of the Year: Kinaesthetic Devices