- Gin Gin
- Seventeen Seventy
- Agnes Waters
- Miriam Vale
- What's on
- Real Estate
- APN Network
ORCHARD OPERATIONS MANAGER
An excellent opportunity to join a successful third-generation family owned Australian business located in Bundaberg, QLD.
The team at Macadamias Australia are committed to remaining a market leader in macadamia nut farming and establishing a quality brand to the domestic and overseas markets.
A business built on strong values and forging ahead in its 60th year of operation – to continue with our vision for business growth we are searching for an Orchard Operations Manager with a positive and infectious attitude to work and life.
About the Opportunity
The Orchard Operations Manager is a full-time role reporting directly to the Orchard General Manager.
This role will be responsible for planning, organising and co-ordinating the daily macadamia orchard operational activities to achieve the goals of the business.
Critical to this role is that you can successfully lead a team of people by role modelling behaviours that support our company values that ‘We care about: people, innovation, quality and integrity’.
We are looking for a leader with:
- A genuine interest to work in the macadamia nut industry
- 3 – 5 years current experience as a manager working in the agriculture or similar industry
- Demonstrated success implementing and maintaining a quality management system is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise daily operations to manage the completion of tasks efficiently and effectively by employing the correct number of staff with the relevant skills to complete tasks
- A positive attitude towards adopting company Workplace Health and Safety procedures and working with key stakeholders to organise safe systems of work and provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to enable them to work safely
- Proven ability to create and maintain a culture that stimulates a positive and enthusiastic atmosphere through setting clear individual and team work goals and adopts an approach of continuous improvement to all areas of responsibility. - Proactively support business choices that contribute to the company’s strategic plan
- Practical working knowledge of farming machinery and maintenance is highly desirable
This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone who is seeking a leadership role with autonomy and is results focused. If you have excelled in your past roles and looking for a new challenge with a caring family business excelling within industry – don’t hesitate, APPLY NOW.
An immediate start is on offer.
To be considered for the role, please email a cover letter explaining your suitability with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org